You can easily add, remove, or swap out participants in an active connection by using the Connections tool, found on the Manage page at the program track level.
This feature is especially helpful for replacing mentors that may no longer be at your organization or adding a new mentor or mentee to an ongoing connection that is relevant to their interests or specialties.
Below, you will find a instructions for:
Replacing a mentor in a connection
To swap out a mentor in a connection
- On the Manage page, click Matching, then click the Mentoring Connections tool. Note that this may be called something else, such as Groups or Teams, depending on the terminology used in the track.
- Navigate to the connection in which you want to swap out mentors.
- Select the drop-down arrow on the right side of the button titled View Mentoring Connection. Then click Manage Members, as shown in screenshot below:
4. From here, a dialog box will pop up, as shown below:
5. If you select replace, you will be asked to type in the name of the new mentor; once the mentor's name appears, click on their name to select them, then click Replace member:
6. Then you will need to Save your changes, at which time both mentors are notified via email.
8. The original mentor's outstanding tasks will get reassigned to the new mentor.
For example, if you replace User A with User B, User A's completed tasks remain in the connection because he completed them. The incomplete/pending tasks are now assigned to User B to finish. This will help create a smooth transition between the old mentor and the new one.
Adding or removing a member without replacement
Note: Adding and removing users is only available in group connections. If your track is configured for 1:1 connections, you will only be able to replace users.
If you wish to add a mentee or mentor without removing anyone, simply select "Add mentor" or "Add mentee." If you do this, you will be asked if you wish to add a new set of tasks for that user based on their role, or not add any tasks, as shown in the screenshot below:
Add mentor-assigned tasks: The new mentor gets assigned all tasks from the template (including any past-dated tasks).
Do not assign tasks: The new user added does not get any tasks assigned.
If you wish to remove a mentee or mentor without adding anyone, simply hover over the user's name and select "Remove mentor" or "Remove mentee." You will have the following options:
- Remove user's outstanding tasks: The tasks completed by the removed user remain in the connection. The pending tasks get removed.
- Leave user's tasks unassigned. The user is removed but all their tasks are left in the connection, unassigned.
Once you are done managing the members of the connection, you will need to make sure to save your changes.