Digest emails are scheduled email summaries of important program activities that have recently taken place within a program track. These include highlights from community areas like forums and articles, as well as pending and upcoming actions that the participant should be aware of, such as overdue tasks or a meeting taking place later in the week.If no new activity has occurred or there are no pending tasks, participants will not receive a digest email for the frequency they specified (daily or weekly, with weekly being every user's default frequency).
Why it matters: Digest emails serve as an offline dashboard that keeps participants up to date without having to log on to the software regularly. These emails help participants engage with important administrator and community-driven activity, while also providing guidance on what a participant should expect to do next in their mentoring relationship.
Digest Email Content
The content of a participant's digest email will vary depending on any community activity that has recently taken place in the track, which activities are coming soon for the user to complete, and your program's unique configuration.
Below is an example image of a digest email highlighting the type of content most participants will receive for a career mentoring type of program without any community features enabled:
Below is a list of what type of information could be present in a participant's digest email:
- Suggested next steps (upcoming & pending tasks for the user only, not their partner)
- Connection updates: Changes in members, member availability or connection expiration dates
- Pending mentoring requests or recommendations
- Upcoming meetings
- Unread inbox messages
- New and/or updated help resources
- New and/or updated announcements*
- New posts or replies in a forum thread that the user is following
- New answers and/or activity in a user's question for the Question & Answers feature
- New comments on an article the user has posted and/or comments on the user's comment in an article
- Top community activity, such as popular articles, forum topics, resources, etc.
Administrative and Participant Controls
As an administrator, you have control over whether or not your participants will receive digest emails. This is controlled at the track level.
If you would like to turn digest emails off or on for your program, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Manage
- Look for System Emails under the Program Configuration card
- Click on Digests and weekly updates
- Toggle the on/off switch to the right of the first item (Program participant digest email) to toggle participant digest emails off or on
Users can update the frequency of their digest emails under the Notification Settings section of their Account Settings. This includes the ability to disable them entirely.