Slack + Chronus
Get instant updates on your mentoring program whenever, wherever.
Slack for Chronus allows you to be on top of any updates to your mentoring program and take actions immediately within Slack. With this integration, mentors and mentees can easily engage with each other or their program administrator at any time.
- Active Chronus & Slack accounts
- The integration must be completed by someone with administrator privileges in Slack & global administrator privileges in Chronus
- Slack Integration in Chronus should be enabled by the Chronus Support team (upon request)
- Someone with administrator privileges in both Slack and Chronus will first need to login to the Chronus platform and go to the Manage page at Global level. They will then select the Engagement card, then click the Integrations icon. Under the Integrations tab there will be a list of integrations Chronus supports, including Slack.
Note: Only after the feature is enabled by the Chronus support team, will the option to integrate Slack be available for Admins under the Integrations section.
- Clicking on the above Slack tile will take the admin to the page shown below where they can add their organization’s Slack workspace and integrate with Chronus:
- Clicking on ‘Add a workspace’ will take the admin to the login page of Slack. After entering the login credentials of their Slack workspace, Chronus will ask permission to access the Slack workspace as shown below.
If you are already logged into your Slack workspace, you will be directly taken to step 3.
- Clicking Allow, will provide Chronus with the required permissions to access the Slack workspace and land the admin back onto the Slack Integrations page as shown below:
Once the above steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 are completed, Slack will be integrated with Chronus.
ACCESS LEVELS FOR ADMIN AND USER ROLES
Admins will have control over the integration and removal of Slack in Chronus. End user roles (i.e. Mentors and Mentees) will not have control as the Slack integration for Chronus is done at the admin level only.
REMOVING SLACK INTEGRATION
There are two ways to remove the Slack integration with Chronus:
- Via Chronus
- Step 1: Login to Chronus and navigate to the Integrations page
- Step 2: Go to Slack Integrations page
- Step 3: Click the Remove button
- Via Slack
- Step 1: Login to our Slack account and navigate to the Customize Slack section
- Step 2: Click on Configure Apps to see the list of apps are integrated with the Slack workspace
- Step 3: Click on the Chronus app
- Step 4: Click on Remove App
What kind of data will Chronus be able to access from a customer's Slack account?
Chronus will only have permission to view the following information from the Slack workspaces Chronus is connected to:
- Name, email domain, and icon of the Slack workspace
- Email addresses of the people in the Slack workspace
- The content of the message that Chronus sends to the people/channel in the Slack workspace
Will end users need to authorize their Slack account?
No. End users will not need to authorize their Slack account.
Can I extend capabilities to only one program/a selected list of programs in my organization?
No. Once integrated, Slack will be available for all the programs in your organization.
Can the admin who authenticated Slack be removed from Chronus once authorization is done?
Yes, once complete, the administrator can be removed or deactivated.
Can I remove Slack access to Chronus?
Yes, you will have the option to remove the integration from Chronus as well as from the Slack account.
For any issues or troubleshooting, administrators can create a support ticket/case by clicking here, or use the contact option from within the Chronus platform. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Chronus customer support desk is available 24/5 from Monday to Friday.