We're very pleased to announce that matrix rating scales have been added as a field type in Chronus surveys. They're now available for you to use right away!
What's a matrix rating scale?
A matrix rating scale is a group of questions that all share the same pool of potential answers.
You can more efficiently ask survey question that use a rating scale by compiling them into a single matrix, rather than ask each question individually.
Matrix rating scales are a fantastic option for collecting survey data. Here are some best practice tips for getting the most out of this feature.
- Limit choices to five or fewer options
- Keep the item wording short (items are the X-axis)
- Keep response options short (response options are the Y-axis)
- Organize your rating scale from high to low
- You usually do not need to include an "N/A" option
- Always consider that someone may be taking the survey on a mobile device!
Some best practice examples:
Don't forget that you can always contact your customer success manager for even more in depth tips and tricks.